- Our commitment to protect your privacy
- Personal data we collect
- We collect and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including when you purchase a product from us or use our services, contact our Showrooms or Service Centres, or through car shows, contests and promotions. Such information may comprise personal data as defined under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance as amended from time to time ("Data") and include but not limited to:
- Your personal information such as your name, age group, phone number, email and/or address; and
- Certain Data (particularly relating to your contact information) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Data, we may be unable to provide the services in full.
- Purposes for Collection and Use of Data
- The Data provided by you will be used by us for the purpose for which it was requested, and for directly related purposes as follows:
- Application, administration, continuation and termination of the use of our products or services;
- Processing billing and payment, maintaining a credit history, determining amounts outstanding and if necessary, collection of outstanding payments;
- Considering or fulfilling requests or application of any nature submitted by you, whether online, over the phone or through other channels;
- Handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- Verification of your identity;
- Administering contests and sweepstakes conducted by us, including disclosing the winner of any such contests;
- Enforcement of any contract entered into between you and Island Motors Limited;
- Updating and enhancing our records;
- Meeting the requirements to make disclosure to any governmental, legal or regulatory authority in Hong Kong under the requirements of any law binding on us; and
- Enabling us to better understand the demographics of our customers and provide products/services better tailored to your needs.
- We will collect and submit as applicable a copy of your Hong Kong Identity Card ("HKIC") to the Transport Department of The Government of the HKSAR for vehicle registration and licensing purposes, and to insurance company for insurance arrangements. We will also request your HKIC number / Hong Kong Driving License number for identity verification purposes for test drive arrangements but not for any other purposes.
- Information Captured Automatically
- Like many websites, we automatically receive certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages you visit on our website, which website you came from or go to and the date and length of your visit. We may use and evaluate such information for the purposes of website administration and understanding our customers better.
- Use of Data in Direct Marketing
- We intend to use your Data in direct marketing, and we may not so use your Data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection).
- Products, services and promotional events of Island Motors Limited, Manufacturer and Sime Darby Motor Group;
- Banking services offered by our business partners as part of the comprehensive service we strive to provide our customers.
- We will not disclose your Data to any third parties for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
- Should you not want us to use your Data for direct marketing, please let us know via any one of the free response channels in section 11. You can also choose not to receive such marketing materials by selecting the unsubscribe option which we provide in each email, sms or mms sent to you, or otherwise inform us.
- Disclosure and Transfer of Data
- We do not sell or trade your Data with third parties and we strive to protect your privacy. Your Data may however be transferred within or outside Hong Kong as follows (if applicable):
- Other companies (including branch offices, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliates) within our group of companies;
- Governmental, legal or regulatory authority in Hong Kong;
- Our legal and financial advisers;
- Third party service providers engaged by us to assist with debt collection and customer services;
- Insurance company for the application of car insurance;
- Credit information, reference bureau or financial service company for the application of financial services; and
- Our assigns or successor in title.
- Security and Accuracy of Data
- Except as mentioned in section 6 above, your Data, however stored, will be accessed by our employees or service providers who are authorized to do so.
- Where Data is stored electronically, it will be kept password-protected in the Island Motors Limited computing facilities (including servers and back-up tapes), and accessible only by authorized personnel of Island Motors Limited or service providers. Data encryption will be applied where appropriate.
- We shall take reasonable steps to keep your Data as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Data that is used on an ongoing basis, including information that is disclosed to third parties (please see section 6 for details), will generally be kept accurate and up-to-date. You can update or correct the Data held by us in accordance with section 11.
- Retention of Data
- Data provided by you is retained if the purpose for which the Data was collected still exists, it is so required by law, statue or regulation, or it is in the public interest. Data will be destroyed once its requirement is ended.
- When you access our website, we store information about your visit in a small text file called a "cookie" on your hard disk. This helps us to identify you and remember your preferences the next time you visit us.
- Only information that you have provided will be stored in the cookie, and only the website which created the cookie can read it. This does not allow it access to the rest of the computer.
- Third party websites
- Data Access and Correction
- As a registered user, you have the option of viewing, deleting or amending your personal data yourself. Should your data be incorrect or not up-dated, we will correct it for you once you write to us to inform us of the discrepancy at the following address:
- To exercise any of your rights above, please visit http://www.sdmsc.com.hk/unsubscribe.php to unsubscribe.
1.1 The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and your use of the Website is at your sole risk. Neither we nor our Affiliates makes any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Website or the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the Content or Product included on the Website. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, we and our Affiliates disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any representations or warranties as to:
1.2 Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from or through the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be
solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
1.5 You will exercise and rely solely on your own judgment in using the Website for purchasing or redeeming the Product. In no event shall
we be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including any
loss of business or profit, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of any use or inability to use the Website or the
use of or reliance on the Content or service available on the Website, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages
including without limitation unauthorized access to your Member's Account using your Login Name and Password or transmission of Content or
any transactions entered into through the Website. You specifically agree that neither we nor our Affiliates shall be responsible or liable
for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another's
rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that neither we nor our Affiliates shall be responsible for the
Content sent out, using and/or included in the Website by any third party.